Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fear and Hope Intertwined


A new beginning
the chance to see
what lies ahead
designed for me

I walk in darkness
afraid of the light
afraid of the promise
ever of the night

All that I was
has been left behind
alone in the shadows
lost in my mind

Standing here
naked and alone
afraid to go forward
unable to go home

And yet
ever is there a glimmer
a moment of hope
a shining shimmer

A promise of tomorrow
of what can be
a promise of sunrise
a promise of me

No longer will fear
be allowed to rule...
to hamper and detain
to make me the fool

I choose to shine
to bring forth the light
no more promise of tomorrow
but tomorrows delight..

© Shauni

1 comment:

  1. Very Very good! I'm not very good with words and could never put together such a wonderful poem. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete