Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tears


I do not cry
Pretty tears
No gentle rain 
For me
No single teardrop
slowly trailing
down an alabster cheek
No soft sigh

No, I sob
A wild Thunderstorm
Wracked with Grief

I Grieve
I sob
I hurt..

No beauty queen 
tears for me
Emotion grabs me
shakes me
controls me

I do not cry 
pretty tears
rather inelegant
gulping gasping sobs

Tears falling off
spiked lashes 
Like a waterfall
Dashing to the rocks

The pain engulfs me
strangles me
controls me
purges me

Leaving me empty
destroyed
ruined and lost


@Shauni

3 comments:

  1. tears are an expression of hurt..and can be the beginning of healing.... nicely written...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you support.. It has been so long since I really worked on my poetry I am rough.. out of sync. Your encouragement speaks volumes to me

      Delete
  2. you are from rough...I hope you continue to write... :)

    ReplyDelete