Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Waiting on Tuesday



What wonders exist
What promises made
What comes from the mist
What exists on display

Sometimes we wait
We pause
We worry about life
With no cause

Sometimes we dream 
Of what can be
We pace ourselves
Refuse to be Free

Sometimes we let the world
Make the call
Stifle our choices
Cause us to fall

We draw the boxes
We limit our choices
We freeze our hopes
We still our voices

Wait.. Wait.. Wait..
This is not the right time
Be patient, no longer
This time is Mine!

No longer will I wait
No containing my dreams
No longer will I wait
I celebrate Tuesdays it seems

Rejoice in the everyday
Seek for the light
Honor my dreams
Make my life bright

I no longer recognize
Your right to proclaim
What life consists of
How you tend to defame.

No, for me, for now
There is Tuesday to rejoice
Today I choose
To take back my Voice!


@Shauni

No comments:

Post a Comment